Saturday, September 13, 2008

I found my prince!



I was in the basement and happen to notice a toad that had fallen into the window well. I wasn't sure if it could get out or not so I told West to get him out while the kids watched from inside. Of course he had to get something to put him in because he didn't want to touch him. What a wimp! :) He brought him to the back porch so that the kids could see him. Marlee was sooooo excited. She said that she had never seen one that close up. I told West to pick him up so that the kids could see that he doesn't bite. He declined so I showed the kids. After telling Marlee that I was going to let him go, she finally held him. Flash still didn't want to even after seeing big sissy hold him. When I went to let him go over the back fence Marlee started to cry and said, "Do you think that he will miss me?" I told her "Of course he will miss you." It took her a few minutes to stop crying. I'm sure I will be the one crying when we have to give her away to her prince one day. I guess for now daddy will be her prince!




2 comments:

Nicole said...

How funny! This post reminds me of when we use to look for taranchulas while we were fourwheeling. We would empty out our makeup bags to put them in...oh and West- we always picked them up with our hands!

Courtney and Dorothy said...

My boys used to LOVE to catch frogs and snakes. (water snakes) Funny to see you hold one. Marlee is so cute and funny.