Friday, October 30, 2009

Marlee's 6th Birthday

Marlee turned 6 October 4th. She was so excited to not only invite her cousins and close friends to her party, but also her friends from school.
Here was her Birthday cake. Since it was a boy/girl party we went with a blue and pink theme.
I tried to think of something fun for the kids to do so I got aprons for the girls to decorate with puffy paints and black shirts for the boys to decorate. It was a success. The kids had fun doing it.
Decorations!!!
A picture before the party with brother.
Opening some presents. That is her good friend Lexis from school helping her.
Some of the kids jumping on the tramp with balloons. Didn't take long before they were all in the sky!
Showing off her huge pinata. There is a little store down the street where a Hispanic lady makes pinatas herself. I thought it was very reasonable for them too! She picked Scooby-D00.
Marlee hitting the pinata.
Flash taking a turn at it.
For her birthday I made panda bear cupcakes for her and her class. I have seen cuter panda bear cupcakes but it requires two cupcakes per panda and I thought that would be way to much sugar for the kids. These were much easier too!

4 comments:

Amy S. said...

Cute panda-cakes!

Nicole said...

Cute cupcakes! I never look at pinyatas (however you spell it) the same again after I went to a little boys party who had a spongebob one. He was crying because everyone was beating him up! It is kind of funny if you think about it- we should be beating up the bad guy!

Connie and Joe said...

Those are too cute to eat!!

hydeeann said...

cute, cute cupcakes. and i thank you for the less sugar! i know my kids had a blast at the party. good job!