Thursday, May 1, 2008

Burned cookies anyone?

I thought that Marlee and I would do some mother-daughter bonding and make some cookies. After I got everything out and ready to start, I realized that I didn't have vanilla or baking soda. I called my mom (yes, I call her about everything) and asked if I could subsitute baking powder instead of the soda and she said that I could try, but there was a difference in the way they might cook. I decided to try anyways since Marlee was all excited. When they were in the oven, the cookies didn't look like they were flattening out like normal. When they were done they were hard as a brick, burned on the bottom and tasted like crap. Marlee of course still said they were good. I guess when a recipe calls for something, you really need it.





3 comments:

Courtney and Dorothy said...

What a neat mother you are. That is so neat for you to make cookies with Marlee and I think the cookies look good. I love your house and especially your kitchen.

hydeeann said...

mar mar had fun and liked the cookies anyway, which is what you were going for! you had the added bonus of not wanting to eat any after they were done.

Julie W said...

That is laugh histerically out loud funny! You should have titled it "Crappy hard as rock cookies" though. I'm still chuckling. And I can imagine Marlee's adorable happy face. No matter what they looked like or tasted like, I'm sure she was smiling! Your kids are adorable, even when they're not behavin'.