Sunday, March 15, 2009

Backyard

We finally started working on our backyard. I was really excited because it has been so hard not having a place for the kids to play and get some energy out. We put 7 orange trees in and 1 lemon tree in. They are around 15 years old. We had a big tree spade truck transplant them it. With the different varieties of orange trees that we put in we should have fresh orange juice about 9-10 months out of the year. Lots of the trees are filled with fruit right now. No more buying expensive OJ.
Also, we finally brought our play set over from our rental home. The kids were so excited! Tomorrow they are delivering the wood chips that we are going to put in the play area. At our last house we had sand and it was the biggest mess. The kids would come in from playing and have a head full of sand that would take three shampoo jobs to get it out.
The big grass area. Only one more week until we can play on it.
Boarder's first time in the swing. He couldn't stop smiling!

7 comments:

The Richards said...

How exciting! I love your backyard! I'll have to send Kylee over to play :) haha

Nicole said...

Your yard looks so beautiful and I am so jelous! We have been here 2 years and still have no yard for the kids to play- we did our basement first. You are so lucky to get fruit trees too! And you don't even have to wait for them to grow! How exciting!

Roberts Fam'ly said...

That is so fun! I can't wait to have a backyard. We just walk to the park when the weather permits. The pictures of Flash and Boarder were so cute! The first ones you couldn't even tell they were different babies!

Amy S. said...

I didn't realize how huge your yard was! Looking good!

Derrick, Rochelle, Talen, Ava and Lyla said...

Oh my heck, your yard looks awesome. I am sooooo jealous that you got that many orange trees and I only have 1. I know where I will be steeling oranges from. Talen never wants to come home from you house already, now we'll never get him out of there. Oh, and by the way, Talen didn't like the idea of missing soccer because we are so far away. He just kept saying, "Well, my uncle Dano will pick me up here for soccer" He says "Dano" just like I did when I was little.

hydeeann said...

that's so exciting!!! and now i want payback on all the lemons we gave you since our oranges are all gone. =) can't believer you got 7 trees - that's awesome. yum, yummy! so nice that you have the room to do that.

love boarder's smily face while he swings.

Als said...

Holy Cruddiolies! Can I live in a tent in your yard? It looks like so much fun.