13 years ago
Monday, February 9, 2009
Arizona Snow
West and his cousin Luke have been working on "a hut" up at the Sunrise Ski Resort here in AZ. They have been working on it since last snow season. They put a lot of hours into this thing and said that they would one day sleep in it. Crazy if you ask me! It is off the path at the ski resort and very hidden. No one else knows its there. Even looking at the pictures you wouldn't know what it is. They even have taken tools up there to work on it. They are definitely still kids at heart. Amazingly, last night they slept in it. They planned it out to be there on the night of the full moon. They took food, sleeping bags, cots, tarps, newspaper for fire, hand warmers, a grill, and much more for the night. They cooked Fillet Mignon last night too! I forgot to mention that it was suppose to snow up to 12 inches and have winds up to 50 mph. I think the temperature outside was around 10 degrees and around 20 inside the hut. I talked to him this morning and he said that he was on the verge of being cold last night and that Luke was cold. I think they needed zero degree bags instead of twenty degree ones.
This is the inside of the hut. Look at all of those logs. I would be scared to sleep in there, fearing that the logs would come crashing down.
West in the hut relaxing during their last snowboarding trip.
His cousin Luke is around 6 '1, so you can kind of see how tall the roof is.
West outside the the hut.
West took Marlee on a two day snowboarding trip a few weeks ago. Luckily for her she was able to sleep in a hotel and not the hut. She would have frozen! What a cute little pose!
Daddy and Daughter loving their time together in the snow.

West would let Marlee play at the top of the lift every time that she got off so that she would not feel rushed to start boarding again. West has so much patience when it comes to teaching our kids. I should really learn from him because I think that I push to hard when trying to teach them something and its not as fun for them. I guess its my competitive nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Oh my gosh! That's CRAZY!!! How fun, though. There's definitely something to be said for keeping the kid alive inside of you!
Those two guys are like little boys in Boy Scouts. They should be leaders for young men and at least they would get their Snow Badge if there is such a thing!!Good thing for Marlee she rates a hotel and not the hut!
Darci!!! That scares me!! That hut doesn't look safe to me. I think it could cave in and they would be trapped. Tell West he has kids to raise! And a good cute wife that needs him!!!
That sounds like something my husband would do with his brothers...but way cool! I can't believe Marlee is already snowboarding! That is freakin awesome! :)
Did you stay with Marley in the hotel? It looks like she had so much fun, good memories! I can't believe how big your boys are getting, they are cuter everyday!
I wana learn how to snowboard! Marlee is so adorable.. i cant believe she boards!
as for the hut- that is freakin stellar.
I miss you girl and love you! Tell yer family hi! muah!
Cute pics of the kids in the snow....Marlee, and of course the other two big kids, Dan and Scott. :)
Darci! Those are the greatest pictures. Marlee looks like she had such a fun time, and already really good at snowboarding. I'll be looking for her in about 10 years at the Winter Olympics.
so cool that dan took pics of marlee boarding for you. adam took macey & colton skiing for the first time while we were in greer and even though i made him take macey's camera, he never to any pics!
Post a Comment