14 years ago
Monday, December 8, 2008
Getting ready for Christmas
My parents came into town this weekend and brought us some extra house lights that they had. West and my dad hung them. I am very excited because this is the first time that we have put lights up. Right after we put the lights up be heard an alarm that sounded like the fire alarm. My mom and I, being the dorks that we are, told West to run outside and make sure that the lights were not on fire. They wern't, but about 15 minutes later we had 4 police officers at our house. May I add that they were all in their own squad cars. They said that someone had pushed the panic button. We have a small hand held button that we press if there is an emergency. We told the cops that no one was near the button. We felt really bad that they had come all the way to our house for a flase alarm. I went and found the button and showed it to Flash and asked him where it goes. Of course he showed me and told me that he pushed it. I guess that he is just trying to keep up with his cousin Kyan who pulled a fire alarm at some business buildings and had the fire department show up. I think that Kyan wins this one!
We decorated the tree last week. We had to let Marlee and Flash both have a turn putting the star on top of the tree. We don't have a big fancy tree but I like it because we put setimental ornaments on it from past years. Growing up my mom bought us a new ornament every x-mas. It was something that symbolized that year. I have started the same tradition with our family too. It's fun to look back at ornaments that I made in first grade out of dough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Oh we do LOVE your tree.
Your house looks like a humongous mansion in that pic! Good thing it wasn't really on fire!
My, oh my, the cops are already coming to your house because of Flash. You have a long road ahead of you:)
Kyan so has you beat. You didn't have to do the walk of shame out of the office building after hundreds of people filed out for the false alarm. Luckily there was a back entrance, so I didn't have to face the gigantic crowd pout front. Just a large crowd out back. This is only the beginning for Flash. If he is anything like Kyan you will have a few more fire department/police visits.
Your house is beautiful! This was our first year with lights and I love it! Love your tree too... I'm saving all the pretty ornaments for when the kids are older. My kids WRECK the tree and the presents. Oh and I can't believe the fire alarm thing. Too funny!
looks like you figured out the light pictures pretty well. your tree picture looks good, too!
macey called 911 once when she was about flash's age and the cops showed up at my door, too. i think it probably happens to every parent at least once.
we don't have a big fancy tree, either. i have dreams of someday putting up the fancy tree by our stairs and having the family tree in the family room.
Your house looks great. We did not hang any in Vegas this year, only at the house in Utah. I miss having them, Rex usually goes Griswald (spelling) on me...not this year.
House looks gorgeous, tree is awesome and kids are way cute. Brenden has broken two ornaments already so our tree looks deformed with the top half decorated and bottom all bare. I want to hire you to be my interior designer when we buy our home.
Post a Comment